- The Duma called on the executive branch to strengthen its assistance to and protection of Russian citizens living in Abkhazia, particularly in view of the bid by Georgia to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- To ensure competitive bidding, the Jakarta field office invited five and seven suppliers, on 25 September 1998 and 3 March 2000 respectively, when the office needed to procure additional supplies that were the subject of the audit recommendation.
- The Propaganda Department of China’s ruling Communists havenow issued an order banning any kind of reviews or commemoration ofthis disaster as part of the Party’s bid to make the Chinese forgetabout that lost decade.
- Instead of seeking to resolve the issue with the Turkish Cypriot side in accordance with established parameters, the Greek Cypriot side has over the years encouraged recourse to the European Court of Human Rights in a bid to carry the issue to the European platform.
- Instead of seeking to resolve the issue with the Turkish Cypriot side in accordance with established parameters, the Greek Cypriot side has over the years encouraged recourse to the European Court of Human Rights in a bid to carry the issue to the European platform. As in the case of Apostolides v. Orams (para.
- In relation to the possibility that the vendor's selection without bidding, as permitted under the extraordinary measures, could attract negative publicity damaging the reputation of the United Nations, the Secretary-General would like to emphasize that, considering the risks associated with awarding a contract of this magnitude and complexity on a sole-source basis, the Department of Management requested the advice and guidance of OIOS.وبالنسبة لاحتمال أن يكون اختيار بائع دون تلقي عطاءات، وهو ما تسمح به التدابير الاستثنائية، قد تسبب في دعاية سلبية أضرت بسمعة الأمم المتحدة، فإن الأمين العام يود التشديد على أن إدارة الشؤون الإدارية طلبت المشورة والتوجيه من مكتـب الرقابة نظرا للمخاطر المقترنة بمنح عقد بهذا الحجم وهذه الدرجة من التعقيد على أساس مصدر واحد.