- The conference illustrated the extent to which cooperation and exchanges enable us to take the road less travelled and to find common ground on subjects that are apparently controversial or even conflictual.
- Also, on an issue taken up at the previous meeting, she asked if Traveller women could appeal to the Equality Tribunal on the combined grounds of gender and Traveller status.
- That suggestion was objected to on the ground that the matters addressed in paragraph 2 could arise in the context of and be very relevant to a priority conflict.
- The work of the Tribunal has been considerably complicated by the uniqueness of its mandate, the ground-breaking nature of its considerations, the necessity of developing new models of criminal procedure and the development of new organizational structures.
- Those efforts, which the Commission has had to undertake while operating in largely uncharted waters, have involved the active participation of all relevant stakeholders, ranging from the Governments of the countries concerned to the members of the Peacebuilding Commission and the various stakeholders on the ground.