- 11.6 In implementing the programme strategy, major emphasis will be placed on furthering the implementation of the Bali Strategic Plan at the national, subregional, and regional levels, along the lines initiated in the 2006-2007 biennium.
- He welcomed the Trans-Sahara Counter-Terrorism Initiative that had been developed by ACSRT and the United States, as well as the Madrid Declaration and Plan of Action on strengthening the legal regime against terrorism in West and Central Africa.
- 14.6 In implementing the programme strategy, major emphasis will be placed on furthering the implementation of the Bali Strategic Plan at the national, subregional, and regional levels, along the lines initiated in the 2006-2007 biennium.
- The First Review Conference of States Parties to the Convention — the Nairobi Summit on a Mine-Free World — in November 2004 charted a clear course for the future in a visionary high-level Declaration and an ambitious 70-point Action Plan that will govern the work of States parties for the next five-year period.
- reaffirmed the continuing importance of education as a regional priority; committed their governments to provide sufficient national resources and a policy focus to the education sector and continue to support the direction offered by the Forum Education Ministers, and called on the Forum Secretariat, South Pacific Board for Educational Assessment, USP and SPC to supplement national capacity and support regional action with a particular focus on: supporting the rationalisation and harmonisation of education initiatives across the region; supporting the training of people and their possible pursuit of economic opportunity across the region including through improved quality and access to technical and vocational education and training; improving the quality of education through better teacher training and up skilling, more adequate resources and the use of assessment; promoting greater attention to building life skills and other forms of formal and non-formal education to assist Pacific island children prepare for their futures; working to improve access to education opportunity particularly through distance and flexible learning for the region's youth and disadvantaged groups; supporting the implementation of the Pacific Regional Framework and Action Plan coordinated by the Pacific Centre for Environment /USP in collaboration with regional and international organisations for Education for Sustainable Development; and reaffirming the importance of higher and tertiary education as complementing efforts to strengthen national development.• ألزموا حكوماتهم بتوفير موارد وطنية لقطاع التربية وتركيز السياسات عليه، ومواصلة دعم الاتجاه الذي اختطه وزراء التعليم للمنتدى، ودعوا أمانة المنتدى ومجلس جنوب المحيط الهادئ للتقييم التربوي وجامعة الأمم المتحدة ولجنة المحيط الهادئ إلى تكميل الطاقات الوطنية ودعم العمل الإقليمي، مع التشديد خصوصا على الآتي:
arrange or make a plan