- An updated Aide Memoire will clearly reflect that, as well as new challenges, some of which are mentioned in the Secretary-General's report.
- In that respect we very much support the intention to make proposals to update the aide-memoire in the next six-monthly report.
- We believe that the aide-memoire and the road map annexed to the present report will enable us to determine whether existing peacekeeping operations can effectively protect civilians.
- The report of the Secretary-General and the aide-memoire submitted by the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs are an excellent foundation for our future work in this area.
- In fact, with the exception of paragraph 1 of the aide-memoire, the rest of the document does not contain any additional concerns to the ones listed in the original request for a special report.
- And it is why the United Kingdom sponsored the European workshop, one of the six regional workshops referred to in the report, in an effort to operationalize the aide-memoire.
- The report encourages the adoption and use of the aide-memoire to develop frameworks and more structured approaches to the protection of civilians by United Nations country teams in areas of conflict.
- Well, if Amy's too busy, that gives the rest of you an opportunity to make my life easier, thus assuring yourselves a footnote in my memoirs, tentatively entitled You're Welcome, Mankind.
- We think that it is important that the latest report builds on the framework set out by the aide-memoire adopted unanimously by the Council in March (S/PRST/2002/6, annex).
- “Having considered the reports of the Secretary-General of 8 September 1999 (S/1999/957) and of 30 March 2001 (S/2001/331) on the protection of civilians in armed conflict and welcoming the close cooperation with the Secretary-General in preparing the aide-memoire attached to this statement, the Security Council adopts the aide-memoire contained in the annex to the presidential statement as a means to facilitate its consideration of issues pertaining to protection of civilians.“وقد نظر في تقريري الأمين العام المؤرخ 8 أيلول/سبتمبر 1999 (S/1999/957) والمؤرخ 30 آذار/مارس 2001 (S/2001/331) بشأن حماية المدنيين في الصراعات المسلحة، ويرحب بالتعاون الوثيق مع الأمين العام في إعداد المذكرة المرفقة بهذا البيان، ويعتمد مجلس الأمن المذكرة الواردة في مرفق هذا البيان الرئاسي كوسيلة لتيسير نظره في المسائل المتعلقة بحماية المدنيين.
توكيد ، شدّ ، إيثاق